PEOPLE



My upbringing exposed me to hundreds of different people with an extremely different approach towards life. Being a part and parcel of my existence they left a great impact on me.
Each soul that touched my understanding made me ponder as to why breathing the same air and drinking the same water there is nothing common between us. Living in a same family everybody acted differently as the way they wanted and sometimes rebel too.
Gradually as I grew up I developed an interest to read and study people in search of my dilemmas. Making my way to their lives I was stunned to explore the vulnerabilities people have to offer in this world.
It is so beautiful( with a pinch of intimidation ) to know variety of cultures, languages, customs, traditions, sayings, beliefs and regulations people thrive in. Mixture of all the aspects lay the definition of their life. They are protected as well as bounded by these terminologies. It paints the picture of their rich history and evolution and refocuses on their path to future.
As I belong to a very diverse country in itself- INDIA, I need not to look at any other perspective to this concept.
India where no two different individual follow a common tradition triggers my imagination how can they even blend with each other so effortlessly. Blessed with such a diversity India has a lot to offer and undoubtedly I have a lot to take in.
Digging in the lives of people across the nation turned me to a wanderlust. I love visiting new destinations and listen to their age old stories and sacrifices.
By now I have visited 11states in India with a completely mis matched communities. Although they all pledge the same words and are governed by the same constitution, every land has its own rules and regulations, way of conducting things, communicating, behaving etc...
Two features that attracted me the most was the food and clothing.
It is a universal fact that India has one of the best food cravings to offer but knowing it so closely left me awestruck. I mean the way people in India prepare and serve love not food is surely mouthwatering. Each cuisine has some logic assigned to it and has an altogether different taste to please oneself. They are cooked with utmost affection and dedication which tempts me every freaking time.
The presentation, spices, recipe and consumption will shake the deepest of your hungering. It would not be wrong to say that I have transformed into a foodie(in a very literal sense). Also the essence of Indian food doesn't lie in the big star hotels instead it flows in the street food. Each and every city has the stalls intact delivering the finest of dishes within no time. One  cannot imagine the face of India without these street stalls and TAPRI KI CHAI.
Jumping to clothing, it is again one of the distinct attribute of Indian society. Clothing in India is more of a value laden concept than just a body covering issue.
"We dress to express not to impress".
Variety of occasions brings numerous choices to dress up and stand a unique chance.
Saree which is believed to be the oldest Indian attire is truly an amazing concept in itself and flaunts an individual anytime anywhere. It is so odd to digest how a six meter long cloth can be worn to be gorgeously breathtaking. While it still holds the first rank in terms of troubles to tackle. Along with that saree can be worn in many different styles at different places in India.
There are more than 80 recorded ways to fold the cloth. Can you imagine the amount of uniqueness just one manner of dressing has to offer. It blows your mind, isn't it?
There are tons of such clothing to unwrap in accordance to one's purpose of dressing.
I have read this phrase and I am sure you all must have read it too that "We are what we eat". I believe it thoroughly and I suppose the words WHAT WE WEAR can also be added to complete it in all sense. Only focusing upon these two can take you half way there in understanding the people of one culture.
This was just a dot on the galaxy which I talked about, there are millions of more dots to join and combine in order to gulp down the GALAXY OF PEOPLE we are living in and surrounded by all the time.
I myself would continue to store and produce as much information as I can but would be pleased if everybody out there treat and look at people as people. They are there with some reason, reason to be loved, cared, expressed, protect, explore etc..
They fill not entirely but a very crucial part of the void which needs to be balanced.
They can be outreaching if given a chance or can be infectious if not.
Lastly I would conclude with all our doings are reactions to the stimuli since we are born till we die, so, it is better to create a positive stimuli than a negative one.

Comments

Popular Posts