MYTH

I couldn't come up with any word other than myth to describe my understanding of religion and the reason I decided to jot down my thoughts upon this is solely based on how messed up, irritated, lonely and stupid I feel connecting myself to this concept.
This might hurt the feelings of population in majority, so, my best advise to them beforehand is "these are my confessions".
Jumping right onto why has it disturbed me so much that I had to write about it is because I don't think the myth  is taken as a myth anymore.
So let me first redefine the term for you all "myth is explaining a natural or social phenomenon typically involving supernatural beings or events", which simplifies to creating fictional stories to give roots to traditional and cultural practices in the society through mighty beings.
This brings us to the notion that myth is not real. Absolutely, myths are cooked up narratives which doesn't assimilate an inch of reality in it.
Having understood the concept of myth i.e. religion we can conclude that all the supernatural beings (gods) we count upon are fake and are made to spread superiority in the society as well as to cover the goods and the evils that survive.
But the itchy part is it has gradually became the way of our lives or I can say it defines our lives.
Mai hindu hu, tu musalman hai, tu sikh hai, tu Isai hai.....and what not. These have become the differential criteria for this world. Nobody cares that a human soul is lost in searching his/her identity in religion.
India basically is a country where the religion is in abundance due its diverse historic background and it has started to eat up the humanity like a termite.
I won't site any incidence from the corners of the nation, I would narrate my own experience. Everyday I come across people fighting over whether Allah came first or Ram, they debate what Quran says and what Geeta, they justify polygamy and misogyny with "hamare me to aisa hota hai".
Hamare me ? who are these people who are included in hamare me and if there is a number what about the rest?
It came to the height of my tolerance when a girl from class, bachelor's in journalism and mass communication took stand for polygamy in Islam... Can you believe that? Well you have to. How can anyone now expect her to play an unbiased role as a media professional later when she is so irrelevant at this age. For a moment I literally thought that all her parents' money in her education is in vain.
This is vice versa as well. No not me but others in my batch are taking a stand for their own religion. I just sit in corner observe and ponder upon what am I suppose to take stand for...and...after years of contemplation I decided to stand for END RELIGION.
Yes I am being very serious with my words of ending age long institution that has controlled us to our very core and has made us completely blind to realize the basic meaning of life and humanity.
Now if I have to attach points to my side of theory I can surely connect all the global immigrant/refugee problems, terrorist organizations, internal communal riots, religion based gambling and the list can continue but I just want to make one point which is, if you still (in this age) want to continue practicing religion - this can be and is going to be I am damn sure the sole reason for the end of this world. Not only humanity but nothing else would thrive if the monster named religion follows us.
"Either you kill the monster or the monster kills you".




Comments

Popular Posts